Quick Links

Quick Links

Ashley Down Primary School

Pupil Premium

Pupil Premium is extra money given to schools for each child they have on roll who is eligible for Free School Meals (FSM), or who has been registered for FSM in the past six years. The government has given schools this extra money to help raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gap between them and their peers.

As well as this, schools receive extra funding for looked after children and the children of service personnel.

Schools do not need to show how the money is spent on each individual child, but do need to show how they are planning to spend the money and the impact it will have.

Click here for details of how Ashley Down Primary and Brunel Field Primary plan to spend this year's Pupil Premium money.

To be eligible for FSM you need to qualify for one of the following:

  • Income Support;
  • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance;
  • Income Related Employment and Support Allowance;
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999;
  • The "Guaranteed Element" of Pension Credit;
  • Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190;
  • Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit; or
  • Universal Credit

If you think your family may qualify under these categories, do please contact the office for a form, or apply online at:


You may also be eligible for FSM if you are in any of the following groups, AND earning £22,700 per annum or less (families with one child) or £26,300 per annum (families with two or more children):

  •  Work visa holders
  • Student visa holders
  • Families holding a BN(O) passport
  • Spousal visa holders
  • Chen carers
  • Zambrano carers
  • A right to remain in the UK under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
  • Supported under Section 17 of the Children Act 1989and also subject to a no recourse to public funds restriction


If so please contact the office for the relevant form. (You can't currently make an online application for this route.)


We can help you with completing these forms if you would like us to.